Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Can it be done? Linking to music? I Have It!

Well, we're certainly going to try! A new album I'm terribly excited about is Yo La Tengo's latest with the fun title of I am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass. My lazy-self just hasn't run down to Reckless Records to pick up a copy yet. Anyways, they have a couple of songs posted up on the Matador Records website that we're going to link through here.

Yo La Tengo kind of specializes in drone-y rock that's also tends to be rhythm-heavy. I'm a big fan, and if you want a good introduction, check out there lovingly crafted "greatest hits" double disc - Prisoners of Love: A Smattering of Scintillating Senescent Songs 1984-2003, or any of the other albums they've released in the last 20 years. It's hard to believe this band has been around as long as say , REM! Anyways, here are the songs....

Pass the Hatchet, I think I'm Goodkind - mp3

Beanbag Chair - mp3

1 comment:

JasonToo said...

so how do you do it? how do you link to mp3s?