Friday, September 28, 2007

Cause I'm Mellow Like Jell-O Cool Like Lemonade

So as it turns out, The Beastie Boys are still that fucking cool. Forty years old and they still turn it in and turn it out. Also fucking cool is Dan Notter (props on mC!!!) for coming through with the ticket to the Northerly Island show in Chicago, which is a great outdoor venue. So on a cool September night under a near-full moon, The Beasties cruised through the array of punk, funk, rhyme, and rock that comprises their repertoire. Thanks, Dan!

A personal favorite:



Enjoy things.

-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous. The Beasties haven't been here since '99 and I miss them. I have to watch my worn out copy of 'Awesome, I fuckin' shot that' over and over.

Oh yeah - this is OtherJennifer. I forgot my password.